LEGAL, FINANCIAL TRANSLATION SERVICES
Why is legal translation a challenge for your company?
Our legal translation service includes the expert translation of a wide variety of documents:
- Experts’ reports
- French corporate documents (e.g.: K-bis, etc.)
- Meeting reports
- Documents for creating or closing subsidiaries
- Documents relating to mergers and acquisitions
- Balance sheets
- Income statements
- Press releases
- Documents relating to changes in capital
- Annual reports
- Financial reports
Legal translation is a particularly challenging specialization that involves finding equivalent principles in two different legal systems. Each system has its own legal terminology. The target text must be equivalent, and not identical, to the source text. For this reason, legal translation is similar to localization: the cultural context must be taken into account in order to produce a faithful translation. In addition to translating the words, professional legal translators provide equivalents for the underlying legal concepts and institutions.
Legal translation:how to produce a high-quality text
Linguists must demonstrate the following skills:
- In-depth knowledge of law and the relevant technical vocabulary.
- Perfect understanding of the source language.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Compliance with rules of professional conduct.
- High standards.
Translators agree to maintain the strictest confidentiality for all documents they receive from us, and must sign a confidentiality agreement before starting work. Just like our internal team, the translators in our network follow these principles:
- They will not accept any job if they cannot guarantee a high-quality translation.
- They are committed to working in accordance with professional standards, namely:
- only translating into their native language.
- continuously monitoring the legal industry in order to take into account and become familiar with all changes in the legal system. The field of law is constantly evolving, meaning that legal translators must keep their skills up to date through continuing education programs and close monitoring of developments in the legal sector.
- using appropriate reference materials to ensure a perfect understanding of the documents to be translated, and thus a high-quality translation.
- not accepting deadlines that are too short for the assigned task.
Legal translation agency: ITC Global Translations meets your needs
Based on our experience and our clients’ requirements, we are happy to provide the following services:
- Rigorous selection of the linguists assigned to your projects – These linguists only join our team of approved legal translators once they have passed our tests and pre-selection processes. Once approved, their work is regularly monitored by our senior in-house linguists.
- Guaranteed consistency across your translation projects: to ensure that your translations are consistent over time, we assign the same translators to tasks that involve the same topic.
- Based on your feedback, we ensure quality by continuing to assign the same translator whose work has met your expectations. The creation of a translation memory specific to your company is an additional guarantee of consistent terminology.
From time to time, you may need a sworn translation. These projects are assigned to translators in our network who have been accredited by a court of appeal. The translations they produce are recognized by government bodies as official.
Only specialized sworn translators are entitled to use their seal and only the Apostille Office can issue an apostille (a certificate used to authenticate a document).